Showing all 9 results
Reverse Osmosis Water Filter for Home
Reverse Osmosis is a technology that is used to remove a large majority of contaminants from water by pushing the water under pressure through a semi-permeable membrane. Whereas Osmosis occurs naturally without energy required, to reverse the process of osmosis you need to apply energy to the more saline solution. A reverse osmosis membrane is a semi-permeable membrane that allows the passage of water molecules but not the majority of dissolved salts, organics, bacteria and pyrogens which is definitely suitable for home water filtration systems
Reverse Osmosis, Water purification for homes has certain steps involved in it’s working which are:
Step 1: Pre-filtration
The first step in purifying water with reverse osmosis is meant to protect the membrane. It removes larger sediment, including some dissolved solids, and helps reduce chlorine.
Step 2: The Reverse Osmosis Membrane
Following the initial filtration comes the real magic of an R.O. system.
The water is forced through the semi-permeable membrane under pressure. The membrane is a synthetic plastic material that allows the passage of water molecules.
Reverse osmosis drinking water systems that are tested and certified for reduction of:
- nitrates and nitrites
- chromium (hexavalent & trivalent)
- cyst (cryptosporidium)
- total dissolved solids (TDS)
Steps 3 & 4: Post Filtration and Final Polish
Before the water is ready to drink, it goes through a second carbon filter which removes any remaining contaminants in the unlikely case they slipped past the membrane.
Then the water fills up a storage tank where it waits until you’re ready to use it.
Finally, there’s the in-line activated carbon filter, which gives your water one last polish as it comes out your faucet. This is used to remove any remaining odors or flavors that may come from the system hoses or the holding tank.
Benefits of Reverse Osmosis Home Water Filtration System:
1. Reverse Osmosis water tastes better – Without all of the chemicals and debris in the water, it is going to taste better than it has ever had. Reverse osmosis water is usually found to be better than water simply from the tap. Fresh water is much more refreshing and satisfying than otherwise.
2. Contaminants no more – The reverse osmosis process is primarily used to remove particles and other impurities in the water. This means that all of those bad chemicals such as lead and even arsenic are removed from the water. Even some parasites are filtered from the water, protecting you from the possibility of contraction. The chemicals removed from the water can be a matter of health and illness. If your water is high in anything that can be harmful, a reverse osmosis system may be right for you.
3. Systems Use a Low Amount of Energy – The energy usage of reverse osmosis systems is relatively low compared to other similar systems. This productivity causes these systems to be ideal for those that need to use as little energy as possible.
4. Space Saving and Expandable – Getting a reverse osmosis system can be a space saver depending on where you would like to put it.
5. Maintenance is a Breeze – Usually requiring maintenance every six months or so, reverse osmosis systems are quite simple to take care of. Filter replacement is one of the few things that you have to take care of.
6. Different Levels of Purification – There are seven stages of reverse osmosis, each stage getting more and more intensive. You get to choose how many stages you want and customize your choice to suit your needs. All systems are made differently, and
The seven stages take the water through a filtration process. This process is intensive, and each stage has its own special These jobs will take the water through a tougher process in order to filter it as much as possible.
In short, stage one gets rid of particles like dust and silt. Next, a carbon filter removes chlorine and bad tastes, as well as many other chemicals. Again it goes through a carbon filter before reverse osmosis actually takes place. The water is pushed through a fine filter to remove most of the remaining impurities. The next three stages involve keeping the water fresh, alkalization, and a UV filter killing bacteria and viruses.
7. Money Saver- All of that bottled water that you buy is going to be of the past. If your usage is not eliminated completely, it will be lessened You will not have to buy nearly as much, and regular water may never taste the same. Tons of money is going to be saved, especially if you buy a reusable bottle of your own to take your reverse osmosis water with you everywhere.
These are the main benefits of having a reverse osmosis system. It is certainly the best water purification system for home as it saves money, space and time are all attractive things that will be provided from one of these systems. Not only that, but it will also taste better and be better for your health. Reverse Osmosis water filter for home certainly an option everybody should go for and one should buy the best home water filtration system immediately for fresh and healthy drinking water like never before!