APEX MR-5100 Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System
APEX MR-5100 removes more than just chlorine taste and odor from drinking water. Each of the five stages of water filtration performs a unique purification function, delivering pure, safe drinking water for the entire family. This powerful reverse osmosis system starts the purification process by removing tiny particles like rust, sediment and insect parts. This protects your family and prevents the filtration systems from clogging. Next, the water flows through two activated carbon block cartridges. These compressed carbon block filters remove taste and odor-causing chemicals like chlorine, chloramine and rotten-egg odors. But thats not all. Did you know that the chlorine disinfection process can create cancer-causing byproducts in the water? The good news is these carcinogens, called THMs, are removed by the carbon filters. The carbon cartridges also remove organic contaminants like herbicides, insecticides and industrial chemicals that seep into groundwater.
The next step involves the reverse osmosis (RO) process. Here water is squeezed through a special membrane. Heavy metals, like lead and mercury, are removed while purified water passes through. The RO process also removes salts, fluoride, radon and benzene. The purified then flows through a post-filter containing granular activated carbon. This acts as a polishing filter, removing any traces of tastes, odors and gasses, for crystal clear, sparkling drinking water.
Figure 1.0 Function of APEX Alkaline Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter
The APEX MR-5100 also includes a water storage tank and designer faucet. As the filtration system makes purified water, it fills the storage tank (up to 100 gallons per day). The storage tank sends purified water to the designer faucet. Your regular sink faucet will provide unfiltered water for washing dishes. The designer faucet provides only purified water for drinking, cooking, washing vegetables.
The filtration system is pre-assembled and can be installed with simple hand tools. We recommend installation by a licensed plumber to insure adherence to all local codes. Routine replacement of the filter cartridges is recommended to maintain filter performance. Replacement cartridges are available from APEX Water Filters.
Metpure Brushed Nickel Drinking Water Faucet
- High quality premium Coke-style ceramic disc lever faucet crafted with solid brass exterior for durability and lasting finish
- Included FREE faucet wrench eases installation time by more than half and ensures tight mount
- connects to 1/4” tubing
- Gooseneck that swivels 360 degrees
- 3” shank for easy installation under sink
- Requires 1/2” hole for minimal countertop drilling (soap dispenser hole can be used)
Where Style, Convenience & Purity Meet
Figure 1.2 Kitchen Countertop Appearence
- pH7 Pull Down Faucet Not Included
- Included Metpure Brushed Nickel Faucet
Figure 1.1 Contaminant Removal from Filter Stage
- ConfigurationSingle Pass
- Feed Water Source***City Water or Well Water*
- Input1/2" or 3/8" FNPT
- Output1/4" Tube
- Pressure GuagesOptional (Not Included)
- UV LampOptional (Not Included)
- Radial Flow sediment1
- Radial Flow Carbon2
- Axial Flow GAC1
- System Dimensions **
- L x W x H Inch (cm)19 x 14 x 6(48x 36 x 15)
- Weight Ib. (kg)17.5 (7.9)
- Tank Dimensions **
- L x W x H Inch (cm)11 x 11 x 15(33 x 33 x 38)
- Weight Ib. (kg)8(3.6)
* UV ray bacteria disinfection highly recommended for well water
** Does not include operating space requirements.
*** Treatment ability of the system is dependent on feed water quality.Performance projections must be run for each installation.
- AWater supply adapter valve
- BCold water shut-off valve
- CAuxiliary faucet
- DGarbage disposal
- EPre-carbon filter sumps
- FDrain Saddle
- GStorage tank with valve in open Position
- HPre-filter sump
- IMembrane assembly
Figure 1.3 Under Sink Setup
Professional Plumbing Support Required for Installation
Water pressure can cause leaks and damage the surrounding building or fixtures if not properly installed. User must check all fittings for tightness. APEX assumes no responsibility for water damage due to leaks.
- Maximum Feed Temperature ℉ (℃)85 ( 29.00 )
- Minimum Feed Temperature ℉ (℃)40 ( 4.44 )
- Maximum Ambient Temperature ℉ (℃)120(48.89)
- Minimum Ambient Temperature ℉ (℃)40 ( 4.44 )
- Maximum Feed Pressure psi(bar)85(5.86)
- Minimum Feed Pressure psi(bar)45(3.10)
- Maximum Turbidity NTU1
- Maximum SDI Rating SDI< 3
- Minimum Free Chlorine ppm0
- Maximum TDS ppm< 2000
- Maximum Hardness gpg++0
- Maximum pH (Continuous)11
- Minimum pH (Continuous)5
- Maximum pH (Cleaning 30 Min.)12
- Minimum pH (Cleaning 30 Min.)2
Test Parameters 550 TDS Filtered (5 MIcron),De-Chlorine,Municipal Feed Water, 65 psi(4.50 bar) Feed Pressure, 77 Degrees F(25 Degress C),7.0 pH.Data taken after 60 minute of operation.
+ Low temperatures and high feed water TDS levels will significantly affect system production capabilities. Computer projections should be run for individual applications.
++ Scale prevention measures must be taken.
Enjoy Crisp Clean Refreshing Drinking Water for Your Healthy Lifestyle.
When you choose an APEX water filter, you’ll get the absolute best water filter system for your needs from a company that values your business and will go above and beyond to ensure your full satisfaction.
Built in U.S.A
Not only can you feel good knowing that APEX Water Filters gives Americans good-paying jobs, but you can also be certain that we carefully monitor each step in the manufacturing process because we produce our filtration systems locally.
If for any reason you’re not completely satisfied with an APEX Water Filter, we’ll replace it or refund the purchase price–no questions asked.
At APEX Water Filters, we believe that the best water filters start with the best materials. That’s why we only use carbon that is certified by the National Safety Foundation and components that are approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Before a water filtration system leaves our facility, we test it to ensure that it meets our high quality standards. This extra step ensures that you receive a filtration system in the best possible condition.