The APEX EZ Whole House Water Filter System (EZ-1300) is a unique multi-stage water purification system contained in a single 10” filter cartridge. Water first passes through a microfelt filter pad that traps fine particles of carbonate grit, iron oxide rust, and even insect parts that infiltrate water supplies. These suspended particles are abrasive and damage the control valves in dish washers, water softeners, washing machines and ice makers. Rust, sand, mineral grit and even insect parts will clog faucet aerator screens, shower heads along with coffee and beverage dispensers. Next the water flows through a bed of patented KDF-55 catalytic filter media. KDF-55 neutralizes chlorine dioxide and chlorine disinfection chemicals and hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odors) that cause offensive tastes and odors. KDF-55 also kills parasites, bacteria, algae and water mold that can cause health problems, especially in children and immuno-compromised adults. Toxic heavy metals like copper, lead and mercury are also removed at this stage. A second microfelt pad provides an extra layer of protection against particle contamination. The granular activated carbon (GAC) section removes geosmin and 2-Methylisoborneol (MIB), two natural organic compounds responsible for earthy taste and odor problems in drinking water. The APEX EZ Whole House Water Filter System (EZ-1300) removes carcinogenic THMs along with hundreds of other pollutants like radon, insecticides, pharmaceuticals, MTBE from leaking gasoline tanks and industrial solvents that contaminate municipal and well water supplies. Your coffee, tea, fitness drinks, weight-loss mixes and other beverages will taste better! Pets and plants will both benefit from chlorine-free water. The APEX EZ Whole House Water Filter System (EZ-1300) is also suitable for water purification in cafes, coffee shops, brewpubs, restaurants and fitness centers.
Sale Price $45.50 Listed Price $59.15
- Eliminates offensive tastes and odors caused by chlorine dioxide and chlorine disinfection chemicals
- Granular activated carbon adsorbs toxic VOC solvents (TCE and benzene), MTBE from gasoline spills, pesticides, PCBs and gasses like hydrogen sulfide (rotten egg odors)
- Protects you, your family, pets and plants from harmful chlorine disinfectants, industrial chemicals, gases and particulate matter that contaminate well and municipal water supplies
- Inlet/Outlet: 3/4″ FNPT threads for fast flow rates (fittings not included)
- Uses 10″x 2.5″ APEX RF-1020 GAC/KDF replacement filter cartridge